OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES FOR YOUJUSTGAVE.COM'S CHOSEN CHARITY
PARTICIPANTS OF THIS CONTEST AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THEREFORE, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS.
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST:
The ongoing, monthly Chosen Charity Contest (the “Contest”) is designed to benefit existing non-profit charitable organizations. Online visitors, like you, can nominate non-profit organizations. Each month, up to three charities will be selected at the discretion of Mendy Landreth, the founder of YOUJUSTGAVE.com (the "Site"). The public will then vote on those three finalists to determine the most deserving charitable organization. The organization that receives the most votes is named the Chosen Charity of the Month and will receive 50% of one month’s profits of YOUJUSTGAVE.com.
2. GENERAL RESTRICTIONS:
- Contest and participation is void where prohibited by law.
- Participants must be at least 13 years or older.
3. GUIDELINES FOR NOMINATING:
Individuals may nominate a charity by submitting the official, online Nomination Form.
The following criteria must be met for a charity to be considered for this contest:
- Individuals may submit only one nomination within a year's time.
- The organization being nominated is a non-profit 501(c)(3).
- The individual submitting the nomination has personally given money to the organization he/she is nominating.
- The individual submitting the nomination has read YOUJUSTGAVE.com’s MISSION STATEMENT & VISION STATEMENT.
- The primary purpose of the non-profit organization is congruent with YOUJUSTGAVE.com’s MISSION STATEMENT & VISION STATEMENT.
- The vision and practices of the non-profit organization are consistent, harmonious and non-conflictual with basic Christian beliefs and principles.
4. GUIDELINES FOR VOTING:
- Visitors may vote online by simply ticking the box beside the name of the organization of their choice and clicking ‘Vote Now’ on the poll.
- Only one vote is allowed per person, per month. (One vote per IP address)
- If sharing a router or server, please temporarily disable your wi-fi on your device & use your cellular data instead. This will allow multiple people to vote in the same location.
- Voting ends at 7pm (Central Standard Time) on the last day of each month.
- The Winner will be announced at the beginning of each month.
5. THE AWARD:
- The award for the winner of The Chosen Charity of the Month is a cash prize of 50% of the profit of YOUJUSTGAVE.com, calculated from the month when the nominated organization was subject to voting. The winning organization is not guaranteed to receive any direct monetary prize, which is dependent upon the success of the Site.
YOUJUSTGAVE.com’s revenue comes from paid advertisements and affiliate sales. Therefore, a cash prize is contingent upon YOUJUSTGAVE.com being profitable and the dollar amount is dependent on the number of online visitors to the Site during the applicable month-long voting period.
The intention of YOUJUSTGAVE.com is to award the Chosen Charity of the Month with a cash prize, but YOUJUSTGAVE.com’s incurred expenses must be reconciled before a charity can be awarded a cash prize.
- The ‘THIS MONTH'S CHOSEN CHARITY’ page on YOUJUSTGAVE.com is dedicated to publicizing the current winner, for an entire month. There will be a prominent link to the winner’s website, and viewers will be encouraged to financially support the Chosen Charity.
- The ‘PAST CHOSEN CHARITIES’ page is dedicated to listing previous winners of the Chosen Charity Contest. Links to those organizations’ websites will be provided in order to encourage visitors to support those worthy charities.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
Potential finalists and winners are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Each potential finalist and winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release, except where prohibited by law.
YOUJUSTGAVE.com reserves the right to amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice. YOUJUSTGAVE.com disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest.
7. WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT TO INDIMNIFY:
NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY YOUJUSTGAVE.COM REGARDING ISSUES RESULTING FROM ANY USER'S PARTICIPATION IN OR ATTEMPT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
YOUJUSTGAVE.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR MISDIRECTED VOTES OR ELECTRONIC PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS THAT MAY OCCUR IN THE VOTING PROCESS OR GENERAL USE OF YOUJUSTGAVE.COM. YOUJUSTGAVE.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR USER CHEATING OR VOTER FRAUD BY ANY PARTICIPANTS.
PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO FOREVER AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ALL OF HIS/HER RIGHTS TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY WITH RESPECT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES AND TO WAIVE ALL OF HIS/HER RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM, ACTION, SUIT OR PROCEEDING AGAINST YOUJUSTGAVE.COM IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST; AND TO FOREVER AND IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS YOUJUSTGAVE.COM AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY LIABILITY OR COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) THAT MAY ARISE FROM, RESULT FROM, OR ARE IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST.
520 E Vine St. #2741
Keller, TX 76244