We like to triple this sauce recipe & freeze the unused sauce to make it easier the next time we make pizza.
Combine the following ingredients to make the pizza sauce for two 10 inch pizzas:
- 6 oz Can of Tomato Paste
- 6 oz Warm Water (The warm temperature helps soften the thick tomato paste.)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 3/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seed
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Salt to taste
1. Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl:
- 1 1/8 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup Sorghum Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2. Add these wet ingredients to the dry ingredients & mix all together:
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter (The butter is only for flavor. If you're strictly dairy-free, you can easily substitute 1 Tbsp Olive Oil.) OUR RATIONALE FOR PERMITTING BUTTER
3. After mixing, slowly add a small amount of Water at a time until it forms a dough ball. Typically about 1/4 Cup Water is needed.
4. Place half of the dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper & roll thin with a rolling pin to about 1/8 inch thick.
5. Remove top sheet of parchment paper & poke the crust multiple times with a fork to prevent large bubbles from forming.
6. Pre-bake crust on parchment paper for 9 minutes or until slightly brown.
Bake At 390°F if using paper directly on the oven rack or at 400°F if using paper on top of a baking sheet.
7. Top pizza crust with:
- Homemade Sauce
- Follow Your Heart Mozzarella Cheese Alternative, shredded
(We've also used & enjoyed Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds.)
- Boar’s Head Pepperoni Slices
8. Bake again, with toppings, at 400°F for approximately 10 minutes.