(pronounced with an Italian accent)
1. Slice 3-4 Zucchini lengthwise into flat strips (these act as lasagna noodles).
Bake the strips of Zucchini in the oven at 350°F for 15 minutes, to soften.
2. Combine the following ingredients in a pot & cook over medium heat until tender. We like to cook in a Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker to save time & nutrients.
- 1 Chopped Head of Cauliflower
- 3 Chopped Carrots
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
3. Then puree the Cauliflower & Carrot Mixture with a hand-held blender.
4. Choose any combination of the following meats to make 1.25 lbs.
- Pork Breakfast Sausage
- Ground Beef
- Ground Turkey
5. Season meat with the following ingredients & then brown in a deep skillet:
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Basil
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
6. Add approximately 20 oz. of Crushed Tomatoes to complete the meat sauce.
7. Assemble the ingredients in a 9x13 Baking Dish, creating thin layers, in this order:
- Layer of Meat Sauce
- Layer of Zucchini
- Layer of Cauliflower/Carrot Puree
- Another Layer of Zucchini (optional)
- Another Layer of Meat Sauce, across the top
Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until ingredients solidify & top starts to brown.
WHEN YOU SERVE THIS DELICIOUS DISH,
EXPECT TO GET COMPLIMENTS FOR YOUR COOKING!
***This is a perfect recipe to double & share with friends. Or freeze some for healthy fast food in a future week. We enjoy this specialty lasagna with a side of Steamed Spinach.