I have to preface this recipe by saying that the 1st time my husband made these, I fell in love...with the cookies that is. And I guess I fell in love again with my husband too. The disclaimer is that he didn't write down the ingredient proportions that time. Thankfully, this rendition is close enough & we'll post an update if he decides to tweak it more. Leave your comments below to tell us what you think.
- 1 C Almond Flour
- 1/4 C Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 C Potato Starch
- 1/4 C Sorghum Flour
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/3 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 C Sugar
1. Blend dry ingredients together, except for the sugar.
2. Beat room temperature butter & sugar together until slightly fluffy.
3. Add flour mixture & beat on a low setting.
4. Place cookie dough between two sheets of parchment paper & roll with rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick. Remove top sheet of paper & bake as one large sheet of shortbread at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
5. Cut into squares immediately after baking.
NOTE: These taste best the next day, after drying out a little.
IF YOU NEED THESE INGREDIENTS, PLEASE PURCHASE THEM THRU OUR SPECIAL LINKS SO THAT WE CAN CONTINUE PROVIDING THESE RECIPES FOR FREE!
WHEN YOU'RE NOT IN THE MOOD TO COOK,
ORDER THESE INSTEAD. THEY'RE AMAZING TOO!
AMY'S GLUTEN-FREE SHORTBREAD COOKIES