Even though these cookies are gluten-free, it would be a stretch to label them healthy. Most of our recipes are low in sugar, but this one is an exception. These are just too delicious to keep to ourselves! Treat yourself to one & you'll agree!
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
1. Blend these dry ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 Cup Potato Starch
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
2. Melt 2 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate in a glass bowl by letting the bowl sit in hot water for about 15 minutes or by melting slowly in the microwave. (We prefer the taste of Dove Dark Chocolate Promises. These cookies require 48 individually wrapped pieces or 24, if halfing this recipe.)
3. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the following together until fluffy.
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter (1 Stick), at room temperature
4. Add the melted chocolate plus 2 Large Eggs. Continue to beat until blended.
5. Add the dry ingredients & stir by hand.
6. Mix in 1 1/2 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. (We prefer Chocolove Dark Chocolate Chips, since they taste good & there's no dairy in the ingredients.)
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil & place spoonfuls of dough on top, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 325°F for 16 to 18 minutes.