- 4 firm, but ripe Bosc Pears
(When baking, Bosc pears hold their shape better than other varieties.)
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Sugar (or Regular Sugar, if preferred)
1. Peel the pears, but leave the top stem intact, for aesthetic purposes.
2. Cut off the bottom of the pears so they will stand upright while baking.
3. Remove the cores by inserting a knife into the bottom of each pear, while being careful to not pierce the sides.
4. Rub each pear with Coconut Oil.
5. Then dust with Cinnamon & Coconut Sugar.
To create a Syrup for serving, add these ingredients to the baking dish:
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- an extra dusting of Cinnamon
Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown.
You may need more time depending on the ripeness of the pears.